Oat Chocolate Chip Biscuits Ingredients
- 1.5ml/¼ tablespoon baking powder
- 90g/3’½ oz light brown sugar
- 115g/4oz/1 cup plain ﬂour
- 175g/6oz/1 cup plain chocolate chips
- 2.5ml/½ tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 115g/4oz/½ cup caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 115g/4oz/½ cup butter or margarine
- 75g/3oz/¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla essence
Direction for Chocolate Chip Oat Biscuits Cooking Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Grease 3—4 baking sheets.
- Sift the ﬂour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. and set it aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter or margarine and the sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until light and ﬂuffy.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on a low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the rolled oats and chocolate chips.
- The dough should be crumbly.
- Drop heaped teaspoonfuls on to the prepared baking sheets, spacing the dough about 2.5cm/1in apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until just ﬁrm around the edge but still soft to the touch in the centre.
- With a slotted spatula, transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and leave to cool.