Crunchy Oatmeal Cookies
Write a review
- 175g or ¾ cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 40g or ½ cup crunchy nugget cereal
- pinch of salt
- 125g or ¾ cup caster sugar
- 175g or 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 40g or ½ cup rolled oats
- 5ml or 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until light and ﬂuffy.
- Then mix in the egg yolk.
- Sift over the ﬂour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, then stir into the butter mixture. Add the oats and cereal and stir to blend.
- After that chill the mixture for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 19O°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease a baking sheet and flour the bottom of a glass.
- Roll the dough into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and ﬂatten with the bottom of the glass.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. With a metal spatula, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.