Buttermilk traditional cookies cooks are simple to make and incredibly delicious. This recipe uses a very easy cookie recipe and you are going to love their taste that has been used traditionally for many generations.
Ingredients for buttermilk cookies
- 5ml or 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2.5ml or ½ tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 175ml or 3/4 cup buttermilk
- pinch of salt
- 50g or 4 tablespoon cold butter or margarine
- 175g or 1½ caps plain ﬂour
Direction for buttermilk cookies
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas 7 and grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the buttermilk stirring with a fork until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Roll out to about 1cm / ½ inches thick.
- Stamp out 15 5cm / 2inches circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Best to be serve for breakfast or tea time.