An irresistible classic baking powder cookies shown step-by-step in this recipe manual. Serve at anytime of the day with a cup of tea or coffee, or to serve with ice cream or other light dessert
- 120ml or 4fl oz or ½ cup milk
- 165g or 5½oz or 1⅓ cups of plain ﬂour
- Pinch of salt
- 30ml or 2 tablespoon sugar
- 15ml or 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 40g or 1½ oz or 5 tablespoon cold butter and chopped
Direction for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 22O°C/425°F/Gas 7.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the ﬂour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the 2 mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour in the milk and stir with a fork to form a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm/‘/4in thick.
- Stamp out circles with a 6cm/2‘/Zin biscuit cutter.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, until golden.
Serve these baking powder cookies hot or warm, spread with butter for meals. To accompany tea or coffee, serve with butter and jam or honey.
Variation For Berry Shortcake, split the cookies in half while still warm. Butter one half, top with lightly sugared fresh berries, such as strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, and sandwich with the other half. Sen/e with dollops of whipped cream.
This simple baking powder biscuit can be make at home and become great favorite for the families and friends with adults, teenagers and children alike.
Considered among traditional delicious cookies are easy to cook and other variation also can add a chocolate chips to make it sweeter for chocolate lovers. There also some other variation with the add up layer of peanut butter on top of the cookies
And this recipe also shown on how to make fluffy cookies recipe with baking powder as a main ingredients.